EARTH-2 SALES TRENDS | Because we love knowing how our books are doing.
- Between Earth-2 and Worlds’ Finest, Earth-2 sells the most books.
- September Events provide temporary sales boosts for both books. (Mostly).
- The First Contact Event temporarily boosted sales for Worlds’ Finest. (Though not by much).
- The inclusion of Thomas Wayne as Batman did NOT increase sales for Earth-2 and continued the downwards trend. (Effectively invalidating the ‘only Batman sells’ argument).
- Earth-2 got a brief sales boost in the issue where Val-Zod became Superman (Earth-2 #24).
World’s Finest: Future’s End 01
Why did a comic that was so pointless have to be illustrated by an artist I really like? Anyhow, that’s original Earth-2 Power Girl Kara on the left (in the orange Cadmus jumpsuit she stole) talking to Fifty Sue (yes that is really her name), and on the right is the new Power Girl, Tanya Spears. I’m very glad that wherever she is going it won’t be a book written by Paul Levitz, because his writing could probably be used to cure insomnia.
I wish Tanya had a bigger role in this than she actually did. :/
WORLDS’ FINEST: FUTURES END | The only exciting scene this issue.
And I feel cheated.
Worlds' Finest #26 Preview | We're back to 'women are emotional.'
Future’s End one-shot aside, thank whatever Apokoliptian god that this is the last issue Levitz will be writing these two women in.
Better yet, I sincerely hope these two women find themselves in far better hands after World’s End and Future’s End conclude next year.
Lord knows they fucking deserve it after being subjected to some of the worst writing (not to mention bad, inconsistent characterisation) they have seen in the last three years.
Here’s to hoping Marguerite Bennett brings the same solid characterisation she gave to Lois and Lucy in the Lois Lane one-shot to Kara and Helena when she writes them in World’s End.
EMANUELA LUPACCHINO | Page Layouts for Worlds' Finest #15.
SMILE | You'll steal away my soul. Smile, I'll hide away and cry.